From listening to a number of Ayn Rand's comments about the Vietnam War in the ARI lectures recently released at their website I noticed a number of things:
* She opposed the war as an exercise in self-sacrifice.
* She argued for withdrawl from Vietnam as it was a sacrificial war.
* She blamed the Democrats for entering the War calling it a Democrat / Liberal war.
* She called the Democrats hypocrites for smearing the "Isolationist" Republicans during WWII and yet crying for Isolationism during Nixon's Presidency (ie how dare the liberals scream at Nixon for Vietnam when they never screamed at Johnson or Kennedy).
* She loathed and I mean loathed anyone who would support the Vietcong. She said they had the blood of every dead American soldier on their hands. She emphasized that you do not support an enemy of the US ever, especially during a time of war.
* She loathed the hippies.
* Once we entered Vietnam and gave assurances to the South Vietnamese we had the responsibility to withdraw in such a way that did not surrender the South to slaughter (although this should not be done in a sacrificial way to US soldiers); ie we had to withdraw responsibly, no cut and run [Note: She even said that America should never put itself in this position again. Wow. If only she could have seen Iraq. Its the same damn thing. Its uncanny.]
To extapolate from that on what she would have thought of Iraq today, I'm guessing:
* She would have opposed the war as a useless exercise of self-sacrifice for exactly the same reasons she did with Vietnam.
* She would have argued for withdrawl for exactly the same reasons she did for Vietnam. Basically, there were better ways to fight Communism, there are better ways to fight Islam.
* She would excoriate the liberals for taking the side of or sympathizing with our Islamo-fascist enemies.
* She would loathe the anti-war (moveon.org) crowd the way she loathed the hippies (they're basically the same thing).
* She would argue that we should withdraw responsibly and in such a way that didn't just surrender the country into civil war.
In essence she would take pretty much the same positions that ARI has taken today.